Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lip Callus update

Had a milestone moment here in the past couple of days in that in Sunday's band rehearsal I played most of the high notes called for and was able to do so with the new embouchure formed by working with BE. Previously the days after a band rehearsal I could feel how that bit of lip, where the callus had been, wanted to harden up due to my slipping back into the old embouchure for the high notes. This time that didn't happen and it feels as though the callus is well and truly gone as long as I use the new embouchure. 

Where I'll end up with the new embouchure I don't know, as I'm still exploring how it all works using the BE tools, but being done with the callus is a terrific feeling. It's been a long five months dealing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment